Gourock Golf Club are delighted to announce full details of the 2021 Charity Golf Day which will be the centrepiece of our 125th Anniversary celebrations.
We have a proud history of donating significant sums to both local and national charities and we have set an ambition to surpass anything we have achieved in the past. We feel it is important to give every member of our club the opportunity to both participate in, and contribute to, this effort.
Here are the details:
- Monday 5th July 2021
- Confirmed Professional Golfer Exhibition Match with Amateur participation
- European Tour PROs each playing 9 holes: Nicolas Colsaerts, Lucas Beauregard, Steven Gallacher, Chris Doak, Grant Forrest, Euan Walker (with the possibility of others being added)
- Also featuring GGC Professional Derek Watters and GGC course record holder Stephen McAllister
- An opportunity for a minimum of 24 members or friends of the club to play 9 holes with one of the Professionals
- Gourock GC International Member Kirk Beaton has very generously agreed to pound for pound match any money raised from the event
Tickets priced £5 for this prestigious event will go on sale within the next two weeks. The ticket will serve four purposes
(1) access to the course to view the golf
(2) entry for a draw with 24 winners playing 9 holes of golf with one of the PROs
(3) entry to a prize draw and therefore a chance to win some other fabulous prizes and importantly…
(4) a charitable donation.
We hope to achieve the following:
|EACH MEMBER SELLS||5||TICKETS|
WITH THE HELP OF GIFT AID AND A DOUBLING OF THE SUM RAISED BY OUR BENEFACTOR
To emphasise therefore each £5 donation results in £12.50 being raised for our nominated charities. Based on this we have set a fundraising target of £25,000 however, with the active support of all our members we are confident we can far exceed that amount.
On the day we also plan to run some coaching clinics for our Juniors as well as some long drive, chipping and putting events where we will encourage our members and visitors to take part.
The charity beneficiaries will include Ardgowan Hospice, Children’s Hospice Across Scotland (CHAS), Calum’s Cabin and Kidney Kids Scotland.
We will appoint ‘agents’ from the membership to contact a list of approximately 10 members encouraging each member to sell a book of 5 tickets with the agent then co-ordinating the return of the sold tickets, unsold tickets and the money. The member who returns the most money will have £250 added to their bar card with the related agent earning £100 on their bar card. If you wish to volunteer to be a ‘sales agent’ please contact Bill Hawthorne (t. 01475 639069, m. 07768 336293, firstname.lastname@example.org) before Monday 17th May.
We intend have a meeting with all the agents on Thursday 20th May.
This is a tremendous opportunity to enable our members, friends and the wider community to watch some well-known PROs from the European Tour display their golfing abilities over our course. At the same time, all our members can come together to help some very important charities many of whom have struggled through these challenging COVID-19 times.
If you wish to help in the run up to the event or on the day or donate to the raffle or perhaps you have some ideas on how we can add to the day, please contact Bill Hawthorne on Mobile 07768 336 293. We would hope to enlist the support of as many members as possible whether it be, for example, pre-event planning, helping prepare the course and clubhouse for the day or stewarding at the event.
Please see our publicity poster below and attached.